Thursday, April 17, 2008

At least I got some exercise...

So, I did a stupid thing.  It's debatable whether the stupidity happened last night, today, or continued from yesterday through today.  Here's the scoop: 
Because I didn't have to baby sit last night and could get home while there was still plenty of daylight I planned on cleaning my car after I got home.   I parked it in front of my apt and ran upstairs to take care of a few things.... Well, as it so happens, I never left my apartment again that day.  This morning I get up, get ready, grab all my gear and head outside.  It takes me 10 minutes to walk to the lot where I park my car and as I enter it, I look around and realize - my car is not there.  Then, it dawns on me, I never moved my car from the day before.  This is a bad thing.  In my city there is no overnight parking.  So, I sigh, and start trudging back to my apartment.  I am so sure my car has been towed I stop at the ATM and withdraw the correct amount of cash (at least an arm and probably part of a leg's worth) before turning the corner to my street.  Ahhh, the sun never shone on a more beautiful sight then the dust covered hood of my little Honda.  Whether it was because I still had my Montana plates or the policeman was feeling generous (or tired, the $30 ticket I found on my mirror was time stamped at 5 a.m.) I'll probably never know.  Really, I don't care!  I am just grateful that my little baby didn't get towed!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Bummer! Glad to hear it didn't get towed!

By the way, you've been tagged!http://gzab.blogspot.com/index.html

Jessie said...

Ah, Karen, you know I love you and always will! I was daunted by the 7 people with a blog thing and completely forgot my manners. Forgive me? Thanks for the offer of a place to stay! I'll be in PA and NY for the summer in about a month. Perhaps we can get together?

Elizabeth said...

You must be living right!!