Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rats, Diet-Coke, and Sushi.

I love FHE (Family Home Evening)!  Especially when it involves comedy and great gospel conversation.  Lucky for me, last night's FHE incapsulated both elements.  Let me just say that printers thrown from second floor balconies do not, I repeat, do not survive.  In fact, they shatter and create quite a mess.  Diet-Coke and Mentos really do cause a volcanic like reaction!  The best part of last nights activities was seeing several rats (yes, the kind with fur and long, scaly tails) slinking along the ground among the leaves around the area of our experimenting.  In case you are wondering, city rats really enjoy lapping up Diet-Coke.  The evening ended with some amazing Sushi from a little place around the corner from my apt.   

In truth the most enjoyable time was spent sitting together with my little FHE family talking about The Family:  A Proclamation to the World.  The proclamation is a statement from the General Authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints regarding marriage and family and how vital they are to the plan God has for each of His children.  (Here is a link if you would like to read it yourself:  Family Proclamation )  We discussed the proclamation by comparing what it says about family and marriage to what the world says regarding these things.  The differences are great.  I think about my own family and how much I love them and respect them.  Through difficult times we have stuck by each other.  I grew up knowing the principles of chastity and fidelity in marriage.  I was surrounded by a family who valued children and put family first.  I am so grateful for that example.  This Family Proclamation has strengthened my belief in the importance of families and increased my love for my own family.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Kind of scary you are talking about rats coming out to drink the coke and the sentence later saying you were eating sushi from a resaurant very close to you.... Hmmm. The rest is great! THAnks