Monday, September 29, 2008

Best Autobiography


Thanks to barnesandNoble.com for the use of this image!  Now, if you're looking to read something that will have you rolling in the proverbial aisles, this is the book for you.  It is the humorous autobiography of Jon Scieszka (said sheska, I believe), a well known children's book author.  He wrote "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs", "Math Curse", the Time Warp Trio series, and many others.  His growing up is the thing of Beaver Cleaver moved up a few decades.  I have made good friends with a fellow book lover who works in several libraries and a children's book store.  She provides me with all sorts of new books to read, and this was one of the best.  I sat in my school's library as the kids checked out books.  All of a sudden I burst out in giggles, and even with a hand over my mouth could not contain the true humor I found in this book.  I got some weird looks from the kids and many, "Ms. Bingham, what are you reading?"  I encourage anyone to read it, but especially those with many brothers or who grew up in a house of males!  Be prepared to laugh hysterically.  Beware, every grown male member of my family will be receiving this book for Christmas! Yes, it is that good.  Enjoy!!

No comments: